March 7, 2011

My First Blog Post!

Hi, my name is Jaclyn and I am “the cookie cutter” (wow, that sounds like the beginning of an AA meeting).  It’s appropriate though, because I am absolutely addicted to decorating cookies.  I started decorating cookies regularly about 6 months ago and have been obsessed ever since.  


I first became interested in decorating cookies a few years ago when I was planning my wedding.  I ordered these adorable "LOVE" cookies as favors for our guests and they were a huge hit for our Philadelphia wedding.  

When it was all over I was left thinking "maybe I could do that..."

Well, my first rolled sugar cookie experience ended with me in tears and a lot of cookie dough in the trash can.  I vowed never to make rolled cookies again and that the $5.50/cookie price was well worth paying someone else to do.  I couldn't seem to bring myself to quit though, so the next day I was back in the kitchen, armed with a different sugar cookie recipe and Tidy Mom’s awesome
cookie rolling technique.  That day ended with a much happier Jaclyn.  The decorating was embarrassingly awful and most of the ghosts had severed arms (I’ve since learned to roll the cookies thicker so they don’t all break!), but hey, people still enjoyed eating them at our Halloween party.  Maybe someday when I’m an amazing decorator, I’ll share my sad first Halloween cookies with you :)

I’m still learning and improving with every cookie that I make.  I’m also inspired by some truly talented cookie decorators and bloggers out there.  Through this blog, I hope to share some cookie decorating techniques that work for me as well as some recipe tips and tricks.  Of course, I'll also be sharing lots of pictures of cookies!  I hope you enjoy reading!


~Jaclyn



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios