February 4, 2012

Baby Animal Cookies and Cake!


These cookies were made for a friend's baby shower.  They were designed after an adorable wall mural that they put up in their nursery and I love how they look as cookies!


I also wanted to bring a cake to the shower, but I don't decorate them all that often, so I figured I would stick to what I know - cookies!  I've seen a few cookie cakes around on the internet and I've been dying to give it a try.  Here's what I came up with:


 And a view of the front:


This was so much fun to do and was really easier than I thought it would be.  If you're interested in giving this a try, here's a few tips.


Bake your top cookies on a stick to ensure they don't fall over when you stand them up on the cake.  After you cut out your cookie dough, insert a stick through the bottom of the cookie so that it goes about half way through the cookie.  When you bake the cookies, they'll expand and firmly attach to the sticks.  Here's the tree after it was baked:

I used my KopyKake projector to draw the animals and tree onto the cookie-pops.  Make sure you leave a little blank space at the bottom so you can push the cookie into the cake.


To add the cookies to the side of the cake, pipe a small dab of your cake icing onto the back of the cookie, and just stick it on!  Try not to use too much icing or it will ooze out the sides of your cookie.  I promise, you don't need a lot.

And that's all there is to it!  Give it a try and let me know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. The cookies are just adorable and I love the little giraffe! Your cake turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The animal cookies and cake look great. Looks like the start of a new division of Jaclyn's Cookies. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios