June 28, 2012

Antique Bridal Shower Favors

Sometimes I love having free reign with cookie designs, and sometimes I find it very challenging.  This was one of the more challenging times for me.  

The request was for 15 bridal shower favors with a few different designs.  The cookies definitely had to include a copy of the invitation, which was a green background with a white birch tree, and a few of the square dress cookies that I've done before.  

I was happy to do more of the dress cookies since they're still one of my favorite designs.  I love things that are simple but elegant.  And in case you hadn't noticed, white and ivory are pretty much my favorite color scheme :)

The white birch cookies ended up being very fun to do, and I loved the way they turned out.  The invitation lettering was beautiful and I used the same font on the cookies.

Antique bridal shower cookies

The other cookies needed to include the bride's and groom's names, monogram, and date, but the design was left up to me.  The bride was going for a vintage feel for her wedding with black and pearl / sepia and cream color schemes.  I stuck to those colors and decided to include the green from her invitation in several of the cookies as well.

Whenever I'm able to take some artistic license with cookie designs I always try to do something new.  So, I tried out some white on ivory filigree piping thanks to the great tutorial from Sweet Ambs.  You can see it in the above picture, lower right cookie.  Overall, I liked the end result (and again, my favorite color scheme).  

I've been wanting to include a quatrefoil design for a while, so I gave it a shot on a few of the square cookies.  I also played with some brush embroidery on the borders of the round cookies below. 


Vintage bridal shower cookies

I hope that all of the cookies fit in well with the bridal shower color scheme and vintage theme that the bride wanted.  And hopefully Chelsea and Frank enjoyed their cookies!

5 comments:

  1. What can I say? They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piping skills are so lovely. The tree cookies are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Love the heart with their initials "carved" into the tree trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking at a couple of your stories and i can state really well done. I will bookmark your web journal party bus rentals

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios