April 9, 2012

Outdoorsy Engagement Cookies

engagement party cookies

This super fun collection of cookies was created for an engagement party for an outdoorsy couple.  The request was for surfing and rock climbing themed cookies, along with some sapphire rings to match the bride-to-be's new engagement ring.  I absolutely adore the bright color scheme that was used for these cookies.

Rock climber cookies

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of in love with these rock climbers.  Maybe I'm biased because I really like rock climbing as well, but I really like how they turned out :)

Surfboard cookies

The surfboards I've done before, but they're still some of my favorite cookies.  The color scheme for the party was yellow and gray, so I used a lot of yellow throughout all of the cookies, and added some touches of gray to the surfboards.

Sapphire ring cookies

I've had this ring cookie cutter forever and finally used it for the first time for this order!  I used Wilton Silver Color Mist spray to give these cookies some shimmer.  One tip if you're using the spray- cut out a piece of paper to cover the inner circle of the ring before you spray.  That way only your ring will be sparkly, not the cookie in the center.

6 comments:

  1. Love the designs on the cookies - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the rock climbing cookies!! They are AMAZING!!! Thanks for adding them to the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the climbing cookies!!! they would be so perfect for my brother-in-law's wedding him and his future wife are so into rock climbing. Where did you get the stencil for these? Do you have more pictures of the party? I’m trying to come up with some ideas and themed items for their shower and would love to try and make these…any more information or pictures you have would be awesome. Right now I’m going with mini carabiner clips and those reusable water bottles that have their names and wedding date on them, I’m also planning to use a lot of climbing rope to decorate, etc. These cookies would be the perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, unfortunately I don't have any other details about the party, but the cookies were based on these images: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-8498751-female-rock-climbing.php

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios