April 11, 2012

Princess Themed Birthday Party

tiara cookies

Happy birthday Miley!  These cookies were ordered for a princess-themed birthday party.  The request was for pink tiaras with the birthday girl's name in silver.  I used my KopyKake projector to trace Miley's name in Chopin Script font.  I think this might be my new go to scripty font!

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I did all of the lettering and details in gray icing and then painted them with silver luster dust.  For a great tutorial on how to use luster dust, check out Bake at 350's post here.
Every time I decide to paint with luster dust, I forget how long it takes!  Oh well, I think they turned out really cute.  Hopefully the sparkle was worth the extra effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios