April 13, 2012

Veterinary Thank You Cookies

paw print and dog bone cookies

These paw print and dog bone cookies were ordered as a thank you gift for a veterinary practice.  I was given free reign to do what I wanted with the color scheme, so I decided to add some bright colors to the dog bones.  I don't know if you've heard, but neon is totally in right now.  At least that's what Vogue magazine told me while I was getting my hair done last week.  And they're never wrong...right?  Anyway, I hope they're right, but I'm really loving the neon lettering on these dog bones!

I had a complete head smacking "aha" moment while I was making these cookies.  I've never really loved my handwriting, and I've always found it challenging to get my writing straight and evenly spaced when I write on cookies.  And then I realized...I have a KopyKake!  Duh!!!  Why am I not using it all the time when I need to write on cookies?!?  I'm sure this seems so stupid to you, because well, you're right.  It was completely stupid that I didn't think of this before!  So anyway, after I finished Miley's tiara cookies and all of her names were nice and straight and consistent, I decided to do the same thing for my thank you cookies.  This font is Bradley Hand, and I LOVE it!  Ah, it's the little things in life, right?

Dog bone thank you cookies

3 comments:

  1. I loved that someone requested thank you cookies for their veterinarian and I love what you came up with. The neon lettering is great and using the KopyKake to do the font was a very smart idea. I like this Bradley Hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you crack me up.... Now how to get John to agree to get a kopy cake so when I write on cakes it is not slanted or awkward looking... oh yeah and then there is the where the hell would I store it! haha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cookie idea, I'll sure the vet loved them. I'll bet Gina, Willis and Sadie would love them too.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios