April 18, 2012

Brush Embroidery Shower Favors

As you might imagine, I'm typically responsible for providing the favors for any parties that my family hosts these days!  So, these were the cookies that I made for a bridal shower that my Mom hosted a few weeks ago:



I included the bride's first initial "N" in Edwardian Script (using my KopyKake projector ) accented with a brush embroidered flower in her wedding colors.  Don't worry if you don't have a projector, you can get the same result by tracing the letters and make royal icing transfers.

I've gotten so much inspiration from Ali Bee lately, first with these ruffle cookies, and now with brush embroidery!  I've been wanting to try this technique for a while and thought this would be the perfect opportunity.

bridal shower brush embroidery cookies

Overall I thought it was fun to do and I was happy with my first attempt.  I can't wait to get more practice this weekend at Spring Fling with the master herself!!

1 comment:

  1. Your script is beautiful as are these cookies and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios