June 2, 2011

More Baby Cookies, and a Dog Treat Recipe!

I made these cookies a while back and thought it was about time that I shared them with you!



My cousin, Diana, ordered these for a friend who had just had her first baby.  My favorite part about this order was that Diana wanted to make sure that she included her friend's dog, Oliver!


To make sure that Oliver didn't feel too overshadowed by his new baby brother, I included a bag of homemade doggie treats for him.

(I made these treats for a friend's new puppy, I forgot to take pictures of Oliver's treats!)
These peanut butter treats are always a big hit with the pups.  Plus, they're easy to make and you almost always have the ingredients in your pantry!  Keep reading to see the recipe.

Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Ingredients:
2 c whole wheat flour
1 T baking powder
1 c peanut butter
1 c skim milk


Preheat over to 375.  Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.  In your stand mixer, mix peanut butter and milk.  Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until combined.


Roll out the "cookies" to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface, or between two sheets of parchment paper or silpats.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.



1 comment:

  1. How sweet of your cousin not to forget Oliver in the family's celebration of the new baby. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the new treats. Hope Oliver is enjoying being a *big brother*.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios