May 26, 2011

Frosting for the Cause


Want to learn how to make these cookies?

Check out my guest post today on Frosting for the Cause!   The post contains my sugar cookie recipe as well as a step by step tutorial on how to make these Chuck Taylor cookies. 

Frosting for the Cause is a fantastic charity that is dedicated to Woman's Cancer awareness, and has a goal of raising over $9,000 for cancer research this year.  I was fortunate enough to be able to contribute to this cause by donating cookies to the inspiring people at Hospice Caring in Gaithersburg, MD.  I'm so grateful to be able to participate in such a great cause, and as an added bonus I was able to re-live some great memories of my Pop!






Updated on Sep 9 with a direct link to the post: Jaclyn's Chuck Taylor Sneaker Cookies.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jaclyn! I want to thank you for this post and for your wonderful efforts for this project. Your cookies are truly delightful and a super way to pay tribute to your late Grandfather and his love of basketball (and Chuck Taylor sneakers!). I have no doubt that those at the Hospice Caring in Gaithersburg were absolutely delighted with these cookies as I'm sure they tastes every bit as great as they look! Thank you again Jaclyn for helping to bake a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this cookie! My friend recently wore Chucks to his wedding. I think I'll have to make him some like this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these cookies from "Frosting for the Cause" and, at the time, even commented on your post. I can see why these are you favorite cookies:) LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. The cookies are beautiful. Where did you find the template? I have googled the image of the sneaker but no luck. Thank you. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, it was so long ago that i really have no idea!

      Delete
  5. Hi, these are great! the link to the step by step doesnt work, seems there is no such website (anymore).

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios