October 3, 2011

Surfer Girl Cookies

Last night I had a very depressing realization that it was only 7:30 pm and it was completely dark outside. Between the shorter days and the fact that it's been 45 degrees and raining here in MD is really making me miss summer.  At least I can still pretend with these fun surfer cookies...


These were made for a girl's birthday party with a surfing theme.  I thought they came out really cute and they're the perfect cure for the end of summer blues!

The color scheme for this party was super fun and it inspired me to create a couple of new summer packages on the website.  These are now available for purchase, along with the surfboards!



3 comments:

  1. I love the colour scheme of these cookies and I love your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i would like to know how you put the flower pattern on the surfboards.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have a KopyKake projector, so I printed out a picture of a hibiscus flower and used the projector to trace it onto the cookie. I outlined the flower with thick consistency royal icing and used the same icing for the stamen. Then I filled in the flower petals with thinned royal icing. You can see here for more info about the royal icing consistencies: http://jaclynscookies.blogspot.com/2011/05/frosting-for-cause.html
    And see here for more info about the KopyKake: http://jaclynscookies.blogspot.com/2011/09/baby-animals.html

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios