The bouquets were used as centerpieces for a company picnic that was held at the home of James Monroe in Charlottesville. Luckily, it was a local event so I could assemble the buckets on site before the party started.
I wish that I could have gotten a picture of the tables after they were set, but they only had linens on them while I was there. I'm sure they looked beautiful once the event planner was done with them though.
Figuring out the best way to assemble the buckets took some research online. I ended up weighing down the buckets by filling the bottom with stones. Then I cut squares of floral foam to fit in the buckets, leaving about 1" of space in the top (floral foam was easier to push the sticks into compared with styrofoam). I filled the remaining space in the bucket with ivory crinkle paper, then pushed the sticks through.
Since they would be sitting on round tables, I arranged the bouquets so that they could be viewed from all sides. I never thought that the floral design class that I took a few years ago would come in handy for cookie decorating :)
Overall, I thought my first cookie bouquets were a success. I'm looking forward to doing these again!