October 3, 2013

Henna-Inspired Wedding Cookies

I have to admit, I was really excited to work on this order and I really love the final result.  These cookies were requested for a bridal shower in the DC area.  The bride's family is from Bangladesh and several traditions such as henna tattoos were planned for the wedding.

henna inspired wedding cookies

The cookie platter incorporated the color scheme of the shower, hot pink and gold (LOVE), and various henna-inspired designs.  I added a few pops of white in the platter as well to break up all that pink.

All of the gold piping was done in yellow icing and then hand-painted with gold luster dust.  It's labor intensive but worth the extra effort!

The shower favors were a mix of hearts and wedding cakes.  They included the same henna designs and the couple's initials.  My client was kind enough to send some images of the cookies displayed at the shower which you can see on my Facebook page here.  I love seeing my cookies out "in the wild"!  Don't they look beautiful arranged with the other favors?

henna bridal shower favors

Before starting these cookies, I scoured the internet looking at various henna designs trying to choose the styles I wanted to use for the cookies.  What's your favorite design?  I think I really like the leaf style in the upper right cookie.  I'm sure there's all sorts of meanings associated that I'm completely ignorant to.  Hopefully they were appropriate for a bridal shower!

henna inspired cookies

Here's a close up of two more of the platter cookies.  These are two of the more traditional wedding designs that I thought would work well as favors for any wedding or shower.

wedding cookie favors

I hope that you all enjoyed these cookies as much as I did making them.  Best wishes Amira and Brian!



*Update 10/4/13*  Now you can buy these henna-inspired favors in our Etsy shop!

1 comment:

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios